The Way We Find Work
Workers are spending more time transitioning jobs than actually working! Many workers spend five years or less in every job, so they devote more time and energy transitioning from one job to another.
13% of workers are passionate
Despite an expected investment by U.S. corporations of over $100 billion in training and $1 billion in employee engagement, only 13% of the workforce is passionate.
Hiring is costly, Turnover is worse
On average, hiring costs 50-60% of an employee’s annual salary, taking into account HR overhead, posting jobs, advertising, job boards, career fairs, internal marketing & time, not to mention training…
And turnover can be even more costly, summing up to a total of 90-200% of an employee’s annual salary.
Benefits of a
Why should I allow shadowing at my business?
- Community – Shadowing allows businesses to connect with their communities. Companies can actually help those who have no idea what they want to do.
- Exposure and Advertisement – By connecting and building relationships, it can turn into potential business or recommendations to others.
- Being such a personal experience, Students often share their experience with parents, friends and other students which helps business
- Employment – In addition, Shadowing allows employers to find talented driven potential employees.
- Businesses can build connections with people who shadow, and maybe that student might call in the future looking for a job or vice versa.
- Establish the hiring habit – Companies that don’t view hiring as a quick one time fix, but rather as an ongoing, cultural habit spend less, stress less, and find better people.
How Do I Host a Shadowing?
Simple. Define the “day in the life” of your particular career. Two recent ShadowMe experiences are shown below.
Dr. Braun, OD, PC – Original Eyewear
- 8:30 AM – Arrive/Orientation/Sign HIPPA agreement/Meet Staff.
- 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Patient Care/Observe all facets of Optometric Practice.
- 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM – Review wrap-up/Lunch/Questions and Answers.
- 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM – (*Optional*) Additional patient care time, observe other positions (Optician, Optometric Technician).
Kevin Riley, CFP – Planned Results, Inc
- Discuss the responsibilities of a Financial Planner – 15 Minutes
- Review educational requirements, ongoing educational updates etc – 10 Minutes
- Review the types of reports we prepare for clients – 15 Minutes
- Questions and Answers – 20 Minutes
How Will I Know If My Hosting Went Well?
After each ShadowMe experience, you will receive feedback from the student who shadowed you.